Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today I commented on my brother's hair. It was particularly curly today. That was my compliment, to which I added, "It looks especially Roman today."

Profuse were his thanks, for above all things, he desires to be Roman (or De Tocqueville hehe:). He began to relate a story about receiving this "Roman" hair compliment once before...

We both worked at Officemax with an endearing, older man who happened to be Jewish. One day when Josiah's hair was particularly curly, our Jewish friend made a note of it and added that his hair "always looked Roman." After relating the story, Josiah said, "A Jew would notice that!"

LOL!

For any reader passing by who does not understand this, let me explain. My brother was referring to the Roman occupation of Israel which lasted for several hundred years, climaxing in 70 A.D. when they destroyed the Temple and most of Jerusalem and thoroughly scattered the Jewish people. Israel was not recognized as a sovereign entity again until 1948. So a Jewish person would have the historical justification to not only single out a Roman but also to distrust him.
Yes! This is the kind of stuff Josiah and I laugh about!
Yes! This is why I started this blog! haha

PS - This is in NO way meant to degrade people of Jewish Ethnicities!!! Mazel tov to all my Jewish faves: Ben and Shaina Rosett, Stan Mednick, Danielle Magnusson, and Josiah James! I <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment